Old Man’s Cave, part of the Hocking Hills State Park, has reopened! Many thanks to the Park staff for working so hard to get all of the trails open.
Please wear ice spikes/cleats and carry a hiking stick as these trails can still be very dangerous. Speaking from experience, the tunnels, steps and bridges are particularly challenging when there’s ice.
Do you want to see any of Hocking County’s amazing ice formations, check out our AMAZING last minute specials at https://www.marsh-hollow.com.
Mary at Marsh Hollow
From Ohio State Parks:
Thanks to our hard working staff and mother nature, many trails in the Hocking Hills region have reopened! Those include the trails at Conkle’s Hollow State Nature Preserve as well as Cedar Falls, Rock House, and Ash Cave in Hocking Hills State Park
The only trails/areas remaining closed at this time are:
• Cantwell Cliffs (all areas closed)
• Old Man’s Cave (trails to the cave and along the gorge from Upper Falls to Cedar Falls remain closed)
• Whispering Cave (part of Old Man’s Cave)
• The Rim Trail from Cedar Falls to Rose Lake
• The fisherman’s parking lot will also remain closed
If you intend to hike in the region, we urge CAUTION as some trails may still be slippery and Yaxtrax or ice spikes are STRONGLY recommended. Stay safe!
The scenery will be stunning, but please be careful out there!